- The Thesaurus Linguae Sericae (TLS) is designed as as a collaborative forum for discussion on the close reading of Chinese texts.
- TLS provides a corpus of classical Chinese texts wherever possible with interlinear translations.
- TLS links the texts incorporated with an analytic dictionary of the Chinese language.
- TLS pays special attention to historical keywords.
- TLS works towards a cross-cultural study of conceptual history.
- TLS compiles a detailed synonym dictionary of Chinese.
- TLS systematically organises the Chinese vocabulary in taxonomic hierarchies of synonym groups.
- TLS develops a system of syntactic categories for the analysis of Chinese texts.
- TLS develops a system of rhetorical devices for the analysis of Chinese texts.
- TLS deploys a system of standard semantic relations, aiming to define the Chinese conceptual space as a relational space.
- TLS seeks to make available up-to-date databases on historical phonology and the history of Chinese characters.
- This database is no more than an on-line construction site.
- Due to lack of funding, very little in TLS has so far been proofread or double-checked. Caveat lector!
- TLS encourages suggestions for improvement at the bottom of every page.